Kotobyte is a simple online dictionary for Japanese language learners. This dictionary emphasizes in simplicity and comfort, while attempting to provide enough materials and features to be your primary reference for Japanese vocabularies. Some notable features:
- Accept Romaji as search input. Try → noboru, tozan
- Accept compound words as search input. Try → 国民健康保険
- Accept conjugated words as search input. Try → 呼んで
- Click on Kanji characters to show character details. Try → 食, 残
- Green marker for common words to help you prioritize your learning.
The dictionary entries in this site are derived from JMdict and KANJIDIC2 data compiled by the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group (EDRDG). The Kanji strokes diagrams are the work of Ulrich Apel and the team in KanjiVG. Please consider to donate and support these respective projects, as this site is not possible without these works.
I'm Andree, a software developer and a fellow Japanese language learner. I built this dictionary as a portfolio project and personal learning tool. If you're learning Japanese, I hope this site can be helpful for you. Please feel free to reach me for any questions or feedbacks.